Looking for a new and loving owner for this old Fighting Girl and piece of US History !
A RESTORATION KIT, The vehicle is as good as complete ! and all Original Parts,
Ideal for a complete and relative easy to realize Restoration Project !
International buyers: contact us, we have shipping options !
We picked this M37 up in Indiana ca. 12 years ago. At that time it was a fully restored museum style and original show vehicle for the MVPA (Military Vehicle Preservation Association). It was in excellent condition at the time. After about 3 years it needed a new Intake and Exhaust which I replaced myself. It has been treated with undercarriage protection. It has surface rust now but structurally in good condition. The Braden-winch and all systems were working great. After sitting a year it did not start and therefore I had it at a garage who should have also relined the original fuel tank. After over a year and no mechanics or reliable garage was found, nothing was done by them. I took it out of there and lined the Tank myself and installed new Fuel gauge sensor. Then another great garage promised to get the engine running and to clean the carburetor … nothing for another year and a half only the carburetor was cleaned.
From then on, ca. 4 years sitting in the back yard. As a small business owner and all China Corona troubles, I did not have time nor the equipment to work on it myself anymore.
All of the vehicle is original even the Tyre’s are 1951 Cherokee Chief (Metal cabin Roof, 12V system and alternator are not original)
What it needs to run:
*Likely new electric harness, Checked it out, available and easy to install !
*fuel tank filling pipe needs to be installed ( I have the part )
* New winch cable,
* Rear right tire needs an inner tube or replacement with the original spare at rear of cabin. (All original Cherokee Chief Tires)
* New battery (decision weather 12V or 24V with generator (back to old original, if 24V it needs a Generator)
* General check to get it running
* Air filter installed (I have the part)
* Carburetor installed (I have the part)
The vehicle is an old historic veteran which deserves better than that. It is extremely easy to work at it, as everything is easy to reach and it was constructed with this in mind. All spare parts are available online and not even expensive. The troop seats in the rear and the wooden frame parts supporting a canvas are straight cut slats which go into the brackets.
What it needs for cosmetics:
* Surface rust rust cleaning and repainting
* lubricating of all moving parts
* In the field paint job of body with original Marine corps color (available) and new unit markings
* varnished wood slats for troop seats (all brackets work well) and canvas frame ( all parts are straight cuts and fit in the brackets)
* tailgate bottom and Door bottoms need a some filling of some rust holes
* new shovel and pick ax for tail gate
* new rubber klaxon cover ( I have the part)
* most likely one new spare tire
* Back cover canvas (available)
* new cable and switch for Show-Siren
* New canvas seat covers they are bridle
* smaller detail work
P.S.: The cabin can also easily converted back to the original canvas cabin cover. A rack for the driver door to hold a spare tire is
also mountable. I think it looks even better
Included are also some accessories e.g stencils, some small parts …
Canvas Document Pouch with:
1 x Memphis Equipment Parts Manual 3/4 ton truck, M series
1 x South Eastern Equipment Parts Manual M series Dodge 4×4
1 x Folder Headquarters Department of the Army, Technical manual, Maintenance 3/4 ton 4×4 M37 and M37B1
1 x Folder Department of the Army, Department of the Air Force, Technical Manual Power Train, Body and Frame M37
4×4 3/4 Cargo Truck
For anybody who has a some time and the place to work at it, this is a rewarding relatively easy project as the vehicle is as good as complete. There is nothing mayor wrong with it. And all mayor parts are in working condition. Step one is to get a Starter in , to install the carburetor and Air filter and to carefully get the engine running. Even an investment as these vehicles when restored and detailed nicely bring well over $ 20 000.
Baby has a clean South Carolina Title !
US Buyers: Pick up only !
International Buyers: shipping can be arranged if needed !
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1951 Dodge M 37 (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: hadrianvs1
Location: Brunson, South Carolina, United States