I have for sale my 1943 Ford GPW
I’ve owned this jeep for about 5 years. The story I got when I bought it was that it’s about a 15 year old restoration from the ground up. It was then garaged and rarely driven. When I purchased it, it had just had new belts and fuel lines installed and a thorough chassis lube and inspection and the carburetor had been rebuilt. Work I completed was new canvas seats. General mechanical maintenance. And I added a few of the additional period correct items like the under dash First Aid Kit and an original tire pump. The first couple of years I owned this jeep I drove it a fair amount. I work on a military base so it became my regular work vehicle for fun. A couple of years back I just got out of the habit of driving it and had a couple of other car projects that I focused on more. Selling it just because I need the garage space and have too many projects. It runs fine but if you let it sit it does tend to loose the charge and will need a shot of starter fluid to get it going. Tires are tube style with combat wheels. I have another set of modern rims that go with the jeep if you want them. No additional charge. It does run and drives just fine. But I’ll be honest and say it could use a tune up, oil change and fresh chassis lube. I did just replace the carburetor with a brand new one. You’re welcome to the old one which was leaking. Good candidate for a rebuild.
This is a good clean WW2 Jeep that has a couple of excellent modern upgrades while still keeping the battle ready charm.
1. It has been converted to 12Volt wiring.
2. During the previous restoration the interior floor pan was Rhino Lined. Not original of course but far less slippery.
3. I had the Fenders cut back and new steel welded in with fresh Rhino Lining applied. Then I bought a frame extender for the front seat and mounted the seats further back. I’m 6’4″ and there was no way I could drive this jeep when I bought it. It’s very comfortable for me now.
The following is a list of additional parts that are included with the vehicle but are not installed:
- Original Period Fire Extinguisher with Bracket and Bolts.
- 1 Spare Oil Filter
- New Reproduction F Script Fender Mounted Blackout Light with Guard.
- 2 New Repro blackout fog lamps.
- 2 New Tire Tubes
- New Turn Signal Kit. (I bought this but I prefer using arm signals)
- New Repro Manual Windshield Wiper Kit.
- New Windshield to Cowl Rubber Seal. ( Though the installed one is in great shape)
- 2 New Felt Seal Sets for the rear storage boxes.
- New 3 Brass Date Plates for the Dash with Rivets.
- New Horn Button Kit. (The horn does not currently work)
- New Grease Gun. No mount.
- 2 Manuals. Old and New.
- 1 Underhood Laminated Lubrication Guide.
- New Shifter Bracket Rings.
- 2 New Rear Box Lock Brackets.
- 1 New Rear Box Lock.
- 1 New Speedometer Cable. ( Speedometer does work currently)
- Original First Aid Kit with Bracket. (Installed)
- Tire Pump (Installed)
- M1 Garand Dash Mounted Rifle Rack. (Installed) And I believe this to be original.
Clear California Title in Hand. I had no problems registering this jeep due to its age. No smog needed. Even the insurance is cheap because it’s driven so few miles. Mileage currently shows 398 but that’s certainly not accurate.
Price: Auction <- click to see if it is still available
More info: Click here to contact the seller
Originally listed on September 5, 2021. Older listings are displayed for reference and probably will not be available.
Seller's other items: bumrapp.77
Location: Monterey, California, United States